Thread: Catching up with BPN

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Catching up with BPN

Sorry I have been off line for so long here at BPN guys. I recently had 2 strokes, congestive heart failure, ripped my hernia after dry heaving with my cluster migraine, and created a new hernia as well. I also just learned 2 weeks ago I have 2 masses on my brain, via 2 different MRI's. The one on my right side is as large as an medium apple and the one on the left just a bit smaller. that one is responsible for the strokes and my migraines, which I have had since about 10 years old. Now at 48 life seems a bit over the edge.

I truly miss you all here at BPN! I have not taken an image all summer due to the serious health problems I am now experiencing. Take a image for me once in a while will you? Feel free to send me some images at my private e-mail too if you want. Just don't over load me. I do not know the outcome of the masses on my brain. I do have some severe damage due to the strokes. I get tired real easy and shake a lot. Hence no images to post or take right now. I am not giving up! No way no how!

Thank you James for being my friend! I miss you buddy!
    Last edited by Grady Weed; 09-09-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Grady, hang in there buddy. We are here for you... Will be sending positive thoughts your way!!!
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Axel Hildebrandt

I was wondering where you were and am very sad you had and still have to go through such a hard time. Hang in there and enjoy looking at the images once in a while. I look forward to seeing your images again!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sheesh, Grady. I've been missing you, was afraid something was wrong. Hang in there, and please do keep us posted. Funny, you crossed my mind today because I saw two common loons here on Long Island and I always think of your beautiful loon images.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Grady, Your presence has been missed. I wish with all my heart that you will be well and back on your feet soon. I will keep you in my prayers. Do not give up-be strong we need you back here soon.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Best wishes Grady! You passion and love of the outdoors always shines through in your posts, specifically the Loons!

Ed Vatza

Geez and I thought I had a rough summer. Our thoughts are with you Grady. Take them one at a time and beat them back. Hope to see you shooting again in the not too distant future. Take care.

If you are interested in perusing some fairly recent (June) images from Acadia, visit my website (see my signature) and click on the Bar Harbor/Acadia gallery.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Grady, Very sorry to hear all that your going through.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Grady,
    I was overwhelmed after reading your post. It is hard to imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    May God bless you,

chris

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry to hear about your health problems Grady. I hope you're receiving good care and wish you a speedy recovery.
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Grady,
    I too thought of you recently, as it is almost exactly a year since BeeP came from you in Maine to me in the UK!
    I am so sorry to hear of the trials that you are undergoing at the moment. Rest assured that I shall wrap you in white light and send you positive, healing and loving thoughts.
    Best regards,
    Nicki

Alfred Forns

Hi Grady

Sorry to hear about all the problems but hang in there tough. Hope you can get out and make a few to post, looking forward big time... will make some for you !!! .... sending all my energy your way

Roman Kurywczak

Holy Smokes Grady! I have been wondering as I haven't seen andy Portland Headlight images recently! Sorry to hear that it was because of health issues. Hang tough my friend! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope you have a speedy recovery! Get better so I can go up there this winter and freeze my b*** off right beside you!

Fabs Forns

Sorry to hear that, Grady, you have surely been missed.

Hang in there, you'll see that pretty soon you'll be at the camera again we'll pray for that :)

Lots of love,

Fabs and Alfred

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am sending along a big load of love, strength and energy. I admire your positive attitude.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Grady;
    I have missed your pictures, esp. the loons.

This has obviously been a trying time, the birds will wait. The best sign for everyone will be when you are able to post new images again. Can't happen too soon.

Prayers and best wishes.

Randy

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm so sorry to hear this.. you were a big inspiration for me over at PM when I first started. We miss seeing your images and reading your replies.

Be strong !
    Lou

Gus Cobos

Hi Grady,
    I sorry to hear this, but you know what; the mind is very powerful, and you have the will power and determination to stop this in it's tracks...I know you are going to pull through. Hang in there buddy...my prayers and positive energy your way...hang in there...you will be back in no time...I will send you many post for you to enjoy...not too many because you will start posting soon too...:)

Always the best for you, your friend and BPN brother,

Gus Cobos...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your support. It is a very trying time right now. I hope to beat it! See you here on BPN.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Grady,
    Man I'm sorry I missed this post.
    Get better. You know what your / our priorities are.

We miss your slightly warped thinking and it's ability to stir stuff up!
    Check in and look around, comment when you can. A little diversion is not such a bad thing.

Let's face it, we all felt you needed brain surgery years ago. :D

My love to you, your amazing wife and girls.

Your Bro,
    James

PS PM or email your phone number.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Grady, Just saw this post and I wish you nothing but best going forward and hope to see your images again soon.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Grady, this post is late and you dont know me from a hole in the ground, but one of your images was the reason I started to try and post here. I have learned alot since then, you were a big inspiration for me.

Kat Enns
    Kat Enns
    Castlegar, BC