Thread: Peek-A-Boo

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Peek-A-Boo

Attached Images Attached Images

Not in the theme, but thought you might enjoy. We were at Lion Country Safari yesterday. It was between storms, so the animals were very alert, to the storms and the sudden rare coolness of the air. Some were huddled for protection, but others like the lions, were having fun. The first day this summer we have had the kind of activity we saw yesturday. Can't wait for winter coolness (thankfully without SNOW) again.

This lion was using the tree as a scratching post, but must have caught the flash from the glass of the lens. The rest is in the image. ;)

Only effect used was some cloning to get rid of the cyclone fence, luckily I was able to knock out the effects of the one about 10 feet from me, and the Poster Edge, which in my view really worked for this one. :cool:

Hope you agree.

Enjoy!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mark - this is one of my favorites of yours! What a neat story and the poster edge works perfectly for this:)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default repost..

Attached Images Attached Images

Mark, I like your subject matter and your use of the filters. I cropped the image in order to get rid of the bright sky which I found distracting. I filled in bright areas left over
    Last edited by DMills; 09-04-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Mark, I like this image alot! Very nice use of the filters and a very interesting subject-Well done. Dave's repost is perfect!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is great! One of my favorite of yours. Great subject and excellent use of filters. Thanks for sharing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mark, I like the pose and effect! Dave's repost is great. The left side feels a little tight to me, might want to try adding just a little more room to that side.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for viewing and comments. Appreciate them.

Christopher, I understand your point, but I purposely cropped the left side to add to the effect. I found it enhanced the vision of the "Peek-A-Boo" image theme, with the other tree to the right, my eye came second to the lion. If it were more centered, in my view, it would not have the same vision. But thank you, I appreciate your viewing and comment.