Thread: Visit me on the Web

Ed Vatza

Default Visit me on the Web

My wife suggested that I use this image to promote my website "Visit Me on the Web at www.itsmynaturephotography.com". Might not be a bad idea! ;) It's either that or hold it until Halloween! :D

Image made this morning at Giving Pond, Delaware Canal State Park, PA. There were dewy spider webs everywhere. Conditions were foggy with sun just starting to break through. Background is the pond. I darkened the water background from gray to black and sharpened the dew drops. Desaturated the images but there really wasn't anything to desaturate other than the tiny reflections in the droplets.

Canon 50D; 300mm f/2.8L IS lens w/2x TC (I was really looking for birds); tripod-mounted

1/250 sec @ f/11; ISO 800; +1/3 EV

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ed, I really like this one. I think you caught the light beautifly and the dew drops look like jewels. I also like your placement of the web's center with the lines fanning out. Well done!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Ed, Ditto Dave! I like your wife's idea!!

I really don't like to ditto anyone but in this case he said exactly what I wanted to say.
    Last edited by denise ippolito; 08-16-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice, Ed! I've tried photographing dewdrops on webs but have never gotten anything this good! Love the comp and details. Well done!

Julie Kenward

Perfect! I can't imagine what you could have done any better. Lovely work, Ed!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dew on spider webs always produces the goods, and you have done exactly that. The droplets sparkle nicely against the dark BG.