Thread: Osprey screaming

Brian Barcelos

Default Osprey screaming

This guy wasn't to happy with my presence. His wife and child were no longer in the nest as the baby had already fledged, They were about a 1/4 of a mile down the road on an electric tower. Was hoping for the juvenile to come in but after three hours of waiting there was no longer any light left. Maybe next time. This is about 75% of the original. Added a little blue to the BG and lightened the eyes a bit. Thanks for looking. All C/C welcome.

Brian

Canon EOS 20D
    Aperture-Priority
    Tv 1/2500
    Av 6.3
    Evaluative Metering
    Exp Comp 0
    ISO 400
    Tamron 200-500mm@456mm

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Brian:

He does look a bit peeved.

On my monitor the image is dark overall, and even though the light was failing, I think you can get more out of it unless you are noise limited.

There is a repeated pattern of circular defects all along the right margin of the image.

Sometimes the birds just don't cooperate. How rude.

Randy

Brian Barcelos

Sorry about the circles, I was processing images really late at night yesterday and I got sloppy as I was half asleep. I can't do anything as far as lightening the image anymore because the noise gets unbearable. Thanks for spotting that PP error Randt, I'm a little embarrassed now.

Brian

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the pose and BG. The bird could go a bit lighter and I would crop a bit off the right.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

As soon as you know will be taking images of a darkish bird against the sky the best thing to do is bump up the EC in your camera - you will then avoid having underexposed images that are difficult to bring back due to noise.

Good pose by the osprey, and I love the expression. I also like the hint of clouds which adds some interest to the BG.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dan's actually covered everything I was going to say, so I will add, great flight angle, and I like the eye contact in this.

Ákos Lumnitzer

Now that you fixed that slop on the right, it looks heaps better! Lovely pose and I do wish that you had a bit more detail under the darker wing. Thanks for sharing. :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thats a cool one Brian, the repost look great loved the pose and compo.. congrats....

Mohanram Kemparaju

This is very nice, i always find it difficult to make head-on flight images.Daniel's suggestion is spot on....