Thread: Sunrise at Viera Wetlands

Robert Amoruso

Default Sunrise at Viera Wetlands

Attached Images Attached Images

Sunrise at Viera Wetlands, FL 12/30/07.

Canon 1D Mark IIn with Canon 600mm f/4 IS and 1.4x TC (840mm)
    1/2500 sec, f/8, Av, Evaluative, ISO 400

I did some moderate Shadow/Highlight Adjustment in PSCS3 to bring out the shadows and provide a bit of separation which adds depth to the FG and BG lower tree line. Noise correction applied using Noiseware.

Paul Marcellini

Composition works for me and I like how you separated all the darks. If anything I could see a little taken off the left, to about where the o and b are in your first name.

Paul

Robert Amoruso

Thanks for the comments and good suggestion Paul. I actually did three or four different crops and probably one like you suggested. This one is a Rule of Thirds version. I liked this one because the BG tree line from right to left is kind of symmetrical.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The size of the sun in the frame really adds impact to the image, and I particularly like the line of clouds defined by the sun along its lower half. Nice work in PS to add that separation in the treelines. Although I think this one works very well compositionally, I would be curious to see the other crops.

Jason

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the colors and the sun and like Jason would love to see other comps from this....

Scott A. Flaherty

A beautiful shot. I think I agree with Paul in regards to cropping a bit off the left.