Thread: There is bad news, worse news and really really bad news...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default There is bad news, worse news and really really bad news...

Canon 50D, Tokina 100mm f/2.8 Macro @ f/13, 1/4 s, ISO 400, slight crop, tripod. Field verge in the Lampertstal between Ripsdorf and Dollendorf, Eifel, NRW, Germany.
    When I stumbled across this I didn't realize how much nature had it in for this caterpillar. On the body of the caterpillar we have the eggs of probably a parasitic fly but that really wont matter anymore as the two bugs are making a meal of it already. Btw. if anyone is interested, the lower bug was winning the tug-of-war...

Fabs Forns

Oh my, no way to win this battle for the caterpillar. Very good find. I may crop some off the left, not much there to foeer and get the subjects off center.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a fun image - except for the caterpillar! Sick humor~~! :eek:

For my eye, the image is leaning ever so slightly to the left - things out of square seem to bother my compositional sensibilities - just a thought.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great capture! I may consider cropping both sides more :)

Dave Phillips

great find/image....in lieu of a crop, one might rotate a bit ccw to add some interest

Ákos Lumnitzer

Interesting find Karl. I agree re: crop. Thanks for sharing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A cruel micro world,indeed!
    Nice observed and catched!
    Thomas Herou

Julie Kenward

That poor little guy! It IS a cruel, cruel world, is it not?

My goodness...I think I'd also crop some from one or both sides to give the focal point even more interest. I also think you could have gotten by with wider aperture in this to help diffuse the BG a bit more. As is it's nice but it would have been out of the way of the action if you had dropped down to say f8. I would also suggest selecting the top bug and trying to bring up some details in the black areas with maybe a shadow/highlight adjustment or possibly even levels.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The title intrigued me and caused me to read and look. Good eye to see this action. You already have a lot of suggestions to work with. The BG does not bother me. Thanks for sharing.