Thread: Tricolored Heron - Green Cay

Michael Pancier

Default Tricolored Heron - Green Cay

Attached Images Attached Images

Shot at Green Cay. At least from the boardwalk, when the birds get spooked, I can get them at almost eye level.

Is it too centered? I've tried std. crop sizes, but I lose the bottom. suggestion?

1d Mark II
    500 4.0L + 2x TC
    1/250
    f/10
    No Flash
    Incident at 0Ev

Axel Hildebrandt

Great pose and setting. Maybe you could try a wider crop and add a bit at the top and left. It looks as if it needs another round of sharpening.

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    Great pose and setting. Maybe you could try a wider crop and add a bit at the top and left. It looks as if it needs another round of sharpening.
    When I shrank it for web it lost a lot a punch. I don't have PS at the office ...:eek:

Maxis Gamez

Hi Michael,

The image looks out of focus or it could be because of the compression, looks weird! I don't mind the centered composition.

chad anderson

I have seen the flickr version of this image which looks great. This one doesnt do the image justice, it may be worth a repost. I like it though..

Rich Ikerd

I like the background (provides a good sense of environment) and the neck "twist" imakes it somewhat unique. The centered presentation isn't bothersome at all, but a little more room at the top would make it a little better IMO.