Thread: Fancy Look

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fancy Look

Attached Images Attached Images

I made this picture at Teneriffa in the "Aguilas Jungle Parque".
    This Pelican created his own fancy hair styling.....
    Tried this crop to focus on the birds eye and "hair".
    Do you think that works?
    f 5.6 / 1/800 / ISO 500

Jeff Nadler

Those wild feathers make me think of past Rod Stewart hair designs!

It feels like there is just a wee bit too much empty space at left and might consider cropping a bit off. For this species, I must say that my eyes want to wander ins earch of the tip of the bill. I will not say it doesn't work, but would love to have seen a version with full bill.

Alfred Forns

Hi Rosl !!!!! Oh my God ..... I took a look and said what is it !!!!! :D That is one wild bird !!!

Totally agree on tightening the left side Will make for a stronger image And for printing purposes (or otherwise) Would remove the partial wing to cleanup With the bill it would have been nice to see the entire bill but in this case do not mind it since you chose to cut and is not clipped It also makes it for a tighter composition I like it a lot !!! Big Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rosl
    You really come up with some interesting images.....and this one's a good example. What a crazy looking bird....and the pose adds to the craziness. I like the colors of the bird and the dark BG......certainly enhances the feather detail. I'm with the others about cropping on the left and I, too keep thinking about the rest of the bill but I still like this one.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really cool! I'd be tempted to go ahead and darken the BG to totally black all over.