Thread: Purple Gallinule....Anhinga Trail

George DeCamp

Default Purple Gallinule....Anhinga Trail

Purple Gallinule....Anhinga Trail: Everglades Florida

First I am not too crazy about posting stuff from a laptop because this one is not calibrated.

This image was from this morning at Anhinga Trail. I tried to work the reflection into the image as best as I could. I messed up my back (chronic problem) earlier and getting low is not a good thing to do right now! Ugh.

Wish the BG was clean but couldn't get the right spot for that.

Nikon D3, 600VR, x1,7, ISO 200, f8, 1/400, Fill Flash @-2, Gitzo 3530LSV Tripod, Wimberley Head II.
    Last edited by George DeCamp; 02-05-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Alfred Forns

First of all George ..... not calibrated screen .... twenty lashes :D

Looking closely at the image I would prefer without the reflection I does not have enough detail for including and without it the bird will be larger in frame Goofy post I like it !!!! The bg merging with the bird is more of a problem and would be worth taking the time to clean it enough in your desktop

Without the reflection I would crop half way up the rock btw We could go to Shark Valley Saturday Lots of PGs over there Got a head shot with a macro lens !!!!

Jeff Nadler

Hi George,

The color saturation looks realistic and appealing on my LCD. I do agree that the background material right behind the bird is not ideal, although at least dof separates it. Makes you want to think, "if only I had moved a few inches to the left". This species really drustrated me last week. I brought home many photos of it from Green Cay, but thick vegetation in most was distracting.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great find, I like the pose and eye contact. Too bad you couldn't get lower since the stuff in the BG is a bit distracting.

Linda Robbins

Lovely pose and head angle. Since you couldn't get low, I think including the reflection was the next best thing you could do. Pretty habitat in the image, but I wish the lily pads weren't directly behind the bird's body. Good exposure, sharp detail, and nice color.