Thread: White Pelican wing flap...

Dan O'Leary

Default White Pelican wing flap...

Attached Images Attached Images

Another from that evening near Sebastian, FL. These are truly impressive birds, not to mention beautiful.

I hope you enjoy the result!

2008:01:13 15:48:39
    1dm3 @ 235mm (100-400mm)
    1/1250 sec, f/6.3, Av, Eval +1 1/3, ISO 1000

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the wing position and details. I wish the sun would have been behind you and the angle were lower. I would give it a bit more room left and right and crop a bit off the top.

Fabs Forns

Great advise by Axel, I would also selectively blur the right (bird's) wingtip and as explained here:

http://birdphotographers.net/forums/...ead.php?t=1242

Linda Robbins

I like the pose, and Axel covered the nits. I agree with you that white pellies are impressive and beautiful birds, and fun to photograph!

Robert Amoruso

Axel,

Actually the attraction of this site is that the water changes to a variety of colors depending upon the cloud cover and each visit a different look can be had. Mornings can be good, but afternoons when the birds are front lite is best IMO.

Dan,

Nice capture with the wing flap. I would have like to see a bit more room on the left and right but many people like this type of crop too; mileage varies.

Dan O'Leary

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I've made the suggested changes in the repost below. I think the result is an improvement.

Dan O'Leary

For what it's worth, here's what I started with. I'm pretty pleased with the improvements. This is definitely the biggest cleanup job I've yet attempted.

Linda Robbins

The repost looks so much better! The extra room on each side looks good. The whites were burned in the original image, but skillful PS work has made a big improvement. You did such a good job on the water that it is hard to believe the original image! Well done.

Axel Hildebrandt

The repost is a major improvement. Seeing the original, doing all the work was really worth it!