Nature Center, Albuquerque NM.

Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
    Lens (mm): 840
    ISO: 160
    Aperture: 5.6
    Shutter: 1/200
    Exp. Comp.: 0.0

joel quenneville

I love the pose on the rock and the reflection. The sharpness is great, especially considering your shutterspeed of 1/200s. The exposure on this one seems to have been quite hard as the blacks on the duck are underexposed even though the BG is quite white (OK if you are aiming for a high key portrait). Perhaps making two conversions from the raw file, one for the duck and one for the BG and superimposing them in Photoshop would do it. I would also try to clean up the reflection. Good job.

Alfred Forns

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Gary I feel you could end up with a stronger image without the reflection Did a slight color change and cropped the reflection !!! Excellent image Love the pose !!!

btw you did great with the slow shutter speed Would suggest bumping to 400 Your camera performs very well and has a clean ISO !!!

gary rouleau

Thanks for the great ideas. Al, you are right the camera does have a nice clean iso -my main reason for not switching to the mark3 just yet. I really like the suggestion of cropping the reflection -its not the cleanest in town anyhow.

Gayle Clement

I really like this unusual pose, Gary. I agree that the crop is a good idea. Now those bits of legs bother me after the crop. I'd clone them out.

gary rouleau

Default re-post of the wood duck

Attached Images Attached Images

After some nice ideas here's my re-worked wood shot.