Thread: Osprey portrait

Vermenton

Default Osprey portrait

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm new to this site but eared only good thing about it

Axel Hildebrandt

Welcome to BPN! Very nice first post, I like the look and wet plumage. I would sharpen the bird more and increase contrast and saturation a few points. As for the composition, if it were mine, I would crop a tad off the left and add a little room on the right. Please post the techs and keep them coming!

Vermenton

thank you, i will repost an upgraded version of that shot

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN!

Nice first post. I agree with Axel regarding more sharpening and space at right.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Alfred Forns

Big Warm Welcome !!!!!!!

Got to love that face Goofy expression !!! Agree with suggestions and can add would lighten and saturate the eye just a bit for more pop !!! I like it a lot !!!

Fabs Forns

Red carpet welcome. Good points have been covered, you could make this one look much better after the advise.
    It will be good if you include the camera settings so we can do an informed critique :)

Vermenton

Canon 40D
    Canon 500 mm 4 IS + 1.4 TC
    ISO 400
    1/2000 sec
    Fstop 5.6
    AV priority

Sinh Nhut Nguyen

Must have been a bad hair day, the crop looks fine with me, but I would like to brighten the image up a bit.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN. Your techs look good, so cant understand why this is soft. A wet look for sure, and looking forward to more from you.

Vermenton

Thank oyu every one for oyu nice coment. Does anybody recomend a good worklfow easy to understand and follow regarding sharpening.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

When you repost, go a bit brighter. Where are you from? And a big time thanks for your membership support!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.