EOS - 1D Mark III
    Canon 600 F4 IS Lens
    ISO 1000
    1/1250 at F5.6
    Aper. Pri. AE
    Eval. meter.
    Exp. Comp. 0
    Weather - Bright overcast, Little wind, 2:09pm
    Location - Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary Westham Island B.C.
    This Sandhill Crane is a wild resident of Reifel. The cranes have become habituated to people and allow a close approach. But if they think you are annoying them too much, they will put the run on you, and believe me they can be very intimidating!!
    May the bird rise to meet you
    And may the light be always at your back.
    Ted Willcox

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done. Sharp and clean. Needs more room front and esp. back. Wish for the head turned a bit more towards you. A little SH/H would help the darkest areas in front of the eye and at the base of the bill.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great details, lucky you that you can approach them so closely. Adding to Artie's suggestions, I would apply some NR on the BG. I'm not sure about the color temperature but it seems to be on the cooler side.

Alfred Forns

Agree with previous Excellent feel btw agree on the image being a bit cool but do like it as presented Seems to add to the overall appeal !!!

Jody Melanson

Love the detail in the feathers! Also would like him slightly looking more towards us.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I tried SH/H and it did look better. I am now thinking I should try SH/H even when I thing it doesn't need it. If you find there is no need for it you can cancel it, if it improves the image you can apply. I hope that what I have said make sense to most of you out there?
    Yours in Wildness
    Ted

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I forgot to mention I did apply some NR on the BG looks great. Thanks again.
    Ted