Thread: Anyone Interested in Photographing Fireworks Show & Miami Skyline?

Michael Pancier

Default Anyone Interested in Photographing Fireworks Show & Miami Skyline?

Gonna be my third straight year out on Watson Island to shoot the fireworks over Downtown Miami.

Lots of fun. Last year Harold and Oscar joined me and others; we got rained on, but it cleared up in time for the fireworks.

Let me know if you're interesting in going out there.

Above is a shot from last 7/4.

Fabs Forns

Maybe an impromptu BPN gathering?

Gus Cobos

I'm down Michael...I have front row tickets...:D Let me know the details...:cool:

Alfred Forns

Will be there !!!! Sensory overload !!!

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Cobos View Post
    I'm down Michael...I have front row tickets...:D Let me know the details...:cool:
    we don't need tickets. It's first come first serve on the island. Last year they started at dark, close to 8:45 or so.

We got there around 7 I believe. and then ducked when the rains came. hopefully we'll have better weather.

Judd Patterson

I was there last year too...and may be able to attend again. It sure is a beautiful show over the water. For those who attend, just be patient when leaving...the traffic is backed up for quite a while afterward!

Last edited by Judd Patterson; 06-28-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by Judd Patterson View Post
    I was there last year too...and may be able to attend again. It sure is a beautiful show over the water. For those who attend, just be patient when leaving...the traffic is backed up for quite a while afterward!

Judd were you on Watson too? Don't remember seeing you...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fireworks directions

How do I find this place?

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by Layton E Parham View Post
    How do I find this place?
    Layton, you take I-95 south to the 395 Beaches Exit as if you're headed to South Beach.

When you cross the MacArthur Causeway, just follow the signs that say Parrot Jungle Island/Miami Children's Museum. (essentially, after crossing the bridge, you make a right), you follow the road until it takes you under the causeway. You'll see you can drive under the causeway and there it is.

Judd Patterson

Yeah, Michael, I was there in `08 to huddle in my car for the downpour and then photograph the display. :) I never saw any other photographers...maybe you were closer to the bridge.

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by Judd Patterson View Post
    Yeah, Michael, I was there in `08 to huddle in my car for the downpour and then photograph the display. :) I never saw any other photographers...maybe you were closer to the bridge.
    we were right under it

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

i'm there!!! planning on being in the same spot as last year!!!

Judd Patterson

It was good to see Michael Pancier there last night, but I missed the other BPN members. Sorry if I didn't run into you!! Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July!