Thread: Emergence

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Emergence

Attached Images Attached Images

I caught this House Wren just as he was coming out of the nesting box. I am lucky enough to have two to three families of wrens nesting in my backyard every summer.
    Picture taken with a Nikon D1X with a 300 MM F4.0 lens. Picture taken at F8.0 1/80 sec ISO 200

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Peter
    I like the image showing him peeking out of the box. However, this is not sharp. Was this a large crop? The shutter speed was too slow and you probably needed a bit more DOF. I would bump up the ISO and if possible, use a tripod. Since they are regulars in your backyard, I'd say that you'll have many opportunities to get some fascinating images.

Alfred Forns

Hi Peter totally agree with Lana Would up the ISO and set up a tripod You are lucky to have these visitors !!!! btw at this close distances do focus on the eye Your depth of field will be limited !!!

Jeff Nadler

Hi Peter,

This would have been a really pleasing compositional shot but as mentioned, your bird subject is out of focus significantly. With today's lower noise digital cameras, using 400 ISO might have helped. Not knowing how much you cropped, it is hard to tell whether you were too close for the lens minimum focus distance. I sure hope you have additional shooting opportunities there.