Thread: Listen to me

Thomas Block

Default Listen to me

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, this is my first thread…
    Let me introduce myself. My name is Thomas and I live in a small town near Cologne in Germany. I am glad to enjoy South Florida for bird photographing in the next weeks for the second time. I am board member of the German Nature Photographer Organization GDT http://www.gdtfoto.de Excuse me for my bad English. I hope it becomes better after a little bit practice :-)

Greetings
    Thomas

Laughing Gull, Fort DeSoto, EOS 20D, EF 500 IS, F8 1/400 ISO 400, tripod

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to America and southwest Florida. Your first posting was well done both eyes sharp and body position to camera was well done.

Lori A. Cash

Welcome Thomas. I like the interaction you have captured. Good exposure and details.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Thomas, good to see you more and more Europeans here :D
    Nice first image. I like the pose and the details. Maybe a slight crop from the bottom for my taste only :)
    Szimi

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome aboard! You're English is far better than my German, and I lived in Germany for six years ;) It's been a while though.

Nice action and I really like the way this picture allows us to engage in a bit of anthropomorphism. :D

David Steele

Welcome Thomas and a lovely introductory photo!

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice timing,angle and light!!!

Blake Shadle

Welcome! It's great to have you with us! Very nice work on this image. I like the interaction that you captured. For me, the composition feels well balanced as posted.

Tom Grey

Love the lively (and funny) action, and I also like the blurred reflection. The composition works for me.

Axel Hildebrandt

Willkommen, Thomas! I like this image a lot. Great angle and interaction, it really tells the story.

Viele Grüße!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Thomas. Did we meet when I spoke at GDT in Lunen, jumped from a moving train on the way home, and wound up needing knee surgery? I like the soft light and theCOMP and the open bill, getting ready to throw up some fish for his honey. Wish that the bird on the right were looking a bit more towards you but with here a bit closer to you she is looking at him...

Was this at Fort DeSoto? Later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Thomas! I like your composition here with the 2 gulls interacting. The overcast sky has created some lovely soft light on both the birds and water. Very appealing!!

Thomas Block

Thank you all for your friendly welcome!
    Artie, no I sadly didn’t meet you in Lunen. You are right, the picture was taken at Fort deSoto. A great place at north beach with wonderful morning light, a lot of interacting gulls and terns in April. The BAA guide for Fort deSoto was very helpful during my first trip there.

All the best!
    Thomas

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice interaction!
    I like the story.....