Thread: Peacock

Oscar Zangroniz

Default Peacock

Attached Images Attached Images

Another one from the gardens with the sigmonster for sharpnes critique. Just cropped about 15%
    Nikon d3, sigma 300-800mm @800 F 5.6, ISO 400, 1/320:confused: , Aperture Priority, Exposure comp +2/3, tripod mounted

Threads
    Thank You Posts

what a great blurred background, Oscar! Would adding more contrast to the eye make it appear sharper?

Alfred Forns

Not critically sharp Oscar !!!! .... but again you are shooting yourself in the foot !!! Your shutter speed is only 320 ... and your shooting a D3 !!!

This past weekend I was cranking my M3 to 1600 for macro with great result and the ISO is not as good as the D3 !!!! ... btw very easy to loose track of the shutter speed and fire away ...done that !!! :)

Gus Cobos

Hi Oscar,
    your subject is a tad soft and the whites in the face are running warm...agree with Mr. Forns on cranking the ISO factor...would suggest on selective sharpening the eye...I like the background, it compliments your bird quite well...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

i dont even hesitate to go to 1600 on my D300 anymore. what's a little noise!! al said it all.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Oscar, Congrats on the new toy!!! Agree with techs.

Lance Peters

Hi Oz - valid points from AL - lots of magniifcation - going to need to keep a eye on the shutter speed.
    Check the focus with Lens align and if its good - any sharpness issues are user error.
    Will take a bit of getting used to.
    Looking forward too more.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Do the Nikon bodies offer focus tweaking for individual lenses?????
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Do the Nikon bodies offer focus tweaking for individual lenses?????
    D300 and beyond do. not sure about D200 and previous.

Lance Peters

Harold is Correct :)

Oscar Zangroniz

Purchased the lens aligned and tested the lens yesterday. It was kind of late in the day and cloudy but the results were ok. I'm going to try again tomorrow hopefully with better whether. But I think it's going to be user error. Just need to practice with it I guess.
    Thanks all for the help.
    Regards

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the info guys. It's great that Canon and Nikon steal from each other.... We are the beneficiaries. Oscar, many folks have problems making sharp images with big glass when they first get it. Good luck!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.