1. What is the source of your bird songs?
I've just switched to using the app called BirdTunes on my iPhone. I used to use iBird but BirdTunes has more songs for each species.

2. Do you have any experience with wireless speakers?
I've just started using wireless (bluetooth) speakers. Much faster setup and no tangles. I'm using the speaker by Jawbone called Jambox. It is expensive and small but it is elegant and it plays loud.

3. What is the optimal placement for the speaker in relation to the desired perch?
What height? What direction should it be pointing? Up at the sky?

4. Is it important that the speaker be camouflaged?

5. Do you know of a list, blog or website that gives specific notes on how different species respond?
Warblers and sparrows may respond well in general, but what about specific warblers? Is one species always a dud and one almost sure to succeed?
I realize that results will probably vary, but if a Bay-breasted Warbler never responds it would be good to know.

6. Does it help to vary the song if you have the choice? Does it help to pause the song from time to time?

7. I plan to use this mostly with the smaller birds (passerines or songbirds). Are there any other species that are especially responsive?

Thanks for any help!