Thread: (c) Scarlet Macaw .... Need PS Help

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default (c) Scarlet Macaw .... Need PS Help

Attached Images Attached Images

This is a captive parrot at Alligator Farm near my house. He's under a tree canopy in shady light. Unfortunately, a shaft of light was hitting his head during my exposure. I used my 5D Mk11, 500 mm f/4 IS, 1.4 TC and a Better Beamer attached to my 550 EX flash. I was shooting at 400 ISO. Can't find my exposure right now.

The S/H tool did not help with the hot pixels on the head. In your opinion can they be toned down with burning
    in PhotoShop without ruining the color. I still ticked with my exposure error. My Epson 2400 print with EPPG paper actually looks much better than the photo does in PS.

Please let me know what to do....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Read the thread Reducation in Educational Resources. The answers are all there and I would think that after reading it that yoou will be able to save the REDs. More folks need to spend some time in ER! There is tons of great stuff there.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie,

Thanks for the advise. Can't wait to read the tutorial on BPN. Still very ticked that I missed the exposure. Don't know if I can forget myself. I know better.....

William Malacarne

Charlie

First let me say you have a very good example of a Green-winged Macaw.......I sent you an email a few days ago explaining the difference between them...A Scarlet will have no facial feathering in the white area, or if they do they will be hard to see. Their wing color is yellow and blue. Here are a couple of links that show the difference.

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/bird...ws/scarlet.php

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/bird.../greenwing.php

Does the Farm have many types of Macaws? I am the very proud owner of two pet Green-wings. I raised them from about 4 weeks of age...they are now about 14 years old.

Bill

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bill<

Sorry for my error. This is a green-winged macaw but they also have scarlet macaws. They do have many other species but they're caged. It makes me sad to see this. Many thanks for your correction.

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the eye contact and details. Aside from the reds I wish the tip of the beak were visible.

Gayle Clement

I love the details of the face and that tight close-up. I would reprocess to try to save the reds on this one.