Thread: G B Heron

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default G B Heron

Attached Images Attached Images

Photographed this guy about a year ago i like the way the feathers at the front were out very harsh light 20D F5.0 1/4000 sec 300 2.8

Axel Hildebrandt

Very nice pose and plumage. A lower angle would have helped a lot since the shadow of the bird is quite overpowering. I would also try to tone down the whites a bit, they look borderline hot. It is a bit tight in the frame for my taste.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Completely agree with lower angle and toning down the whites.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with Alex but the whites do not look too bad here. You did a good job of dealing with the rather harsh lighting.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Very pleasing pose and composition. As already mentioned a low angle would enhance this image.