Thread: Canvasback

Tim Vidrine

Default Canvasback

Attached Images Attached Images

While waiting on a mother beaver to get into a better location at a den, this canvasback just popped out of the water. After shaking off some water, he decided to show off. This image was captured this morning at Catahoula NWR.

It happened so fast, that I did not take time to back off on the compensation I added for the beaver based on a previous capture. The bottom of the wing was overexposed. Removed the comp in BB during conversion and used S/H. I don't like the BG, but I was not setup for this. It was a quick turn to the right and click. I'm still learning post processing, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Canon 40D
    Canon 500mm with 1.4 tc
    1/400s iso400 f/5.6
    Av with +2/3 comp
    Eval
    No flash

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The whites look OK here. The very blurry primaries bug me The background is what it is...

Later and love, artie

ps; You could try making a quick mask of the BKGR and experimenting with some Gaussian Blur but ...
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.