Thread: Trumpeter Swans in the mist

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Trumpeter Swans in the mist

Attached Images Attached Images

This image of Trumpeter Swans along the Mississippi River in Minnesota was taken when the temperature was a balmy -3 degrees F. The river is open in this area due to warm water discharged from a power plant upstream. The relatively warm water also caused the fog this cold morning. Looking for feedback as to whether there is enough fog or even too much fog for this to work. Thanks

D300, 200-400VR & 1.4xTC @ 460mm, ISO 200, 1/1250 @ f/5.6

Blake Shadle

I really like the concept here, but there are a few things that are off in my opinion. I think there's not enough fog. When I first saw the image I thought there might have been a mistake made in post-processing (then I read your introduction). I'd also like to see a lot more room between the group of swan, and the bottom of the frame. Placing that group along the bottom third-line of the frame would work nicely. Keep this shot in mind the next time you head out into the field, because I think this image has a lot of potential.

Alfred Forns

Attached Images Attached Images

I like suggestions by Overlord You got two birds flying is great position Just cropping from the top and adding canvas at the bottom will improve a lot I do like this image a lot !!!!