Thread: Wood Stork

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wood Stork

Attached Images Attached Images

When they are on the ground foraging for food they are not the prettiest birds around with that bald head. In flight they display striking black / white coloration on the wings. Taken at Viera Wetlands, Fl.

I tried to use S/H under the wings a tad but I think I added some noise as well as lost some contrast.

1D MkIII, EF 500 f4 w/1.4x, 1/2000, f7.1, ISO 400, 90% full frame, always hand held.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

After I use S/H, I almost always go and do a curves adjustment to bring back some contrast.

On this particular image, I might try to up the blacks just a bit to get rid of a little bit of the hazy look.

Dan O'Leary

I think the wood stork is a great example of God's sense of humor / irony. They are definitely a beautiful bird from the neck down. I didn't appreciate that before I began to photograph them.

Alfred Forns

For this birds you need to get he exposure perfect for under wing detail Sometimes is not possible In this case you need to open up since you are shooting the underside of the bird (wing) but the rest is in full sunlight With harsh light it is impossible

Thinks of this situation as making an image of an white object half in sun half in shade One tough propsition

For flight we like to have the wings all the way up or down They do look more elegant Also is better getting the bird before it passes you position Good going HH the 500 with converter Image is sharp and did get the bird in the frame !!!!

btw if you can send me a PM with your name I would appreciated We are trying to have all members with full names or last name and two initials ....btw that avatar has anything to do with the Blue Dog from "Lusiana" !!!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Forns View Post
    .btw that avatar has anything to do with the Blue Dog from "Lusiana" !!!!
    Nope. He is my chocolate lab Deuce. He was named after my Harley which is a softail deuce that is blue. For the past 4 years or so my internet moniker has always been Blue Deuce. If your confused I understand.

Thanks guys for taking the time to offer suggestions and tips.