Thread: Down the Hatch

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Down the Hatch

Attached Images Attached Images

He was enjoying a treat from the famous bait bucket. I was going for the head shot. How'd I do?

Canon 20D, 100-400 mm @ 400, f/8, 1/2000, ISO 400, handheld, manual exposure

Thanks in advance for your time and effort,

Patty Corapi

Maxis Gamez

Hi Patty and welcome!

You did very well with the exposure in this Heron. I think the composition could be better if the bird was more to the left, allowing you to focus more in the face and open wing. The Heron expression and fish are very nice.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jeez, I recongnize that fish! Well done on all counts, but you needed to be a bit higher to keep the horizon line from cutting the bird. Ideally,there would be no white sky at all. Do you remember me complaining about being on my knees (so that I avoided the white sky). Big plusses for the sharpness, the raised wings, the perfect exposure, and for capturing the peak of the action.

Later and love and thanks again for joining us on the SW FLA IPT,

artie

ps: Just noticed Maxis's excellent suggestion about the framing and I agree.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Fabs Forns

Hey Patty,

It was great sharing with you!!! Glad you made it here :)

Great pointers by Maestro and Maxis. Love the iridescence in the fish!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Basically this image is a cool one. I love the processing technic especially the shapening of the subject. Not sure, however, in the composition. I don't know about the situation but would have gone for vertical.
    Szimi

Alfred Forns

Hi Patty, Great to see you posting !!!! Love the sharpness and feel Fully agree with the previous suggestions !!