Thread: "You looking at me?"

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Default "You looking at me?"

Attached Images Attached Images

A small "1.5 inch" Praying Mantis that has adopted on of my curtains, I got it to walk over my black fleece jacket to get maximum flash absorption.

Captured using Canon 30D with Canon 100mm F/2.8 Macro at 1/250 sec, F/18, ISO 800, Manual exposure, Pattern metering, hand held with MR-14 Ringlite on 1/2 power

http://birdphotographers.net/forums/...1&d=1201891664

Mike Moats

Hey Chris, this is to cool. Great pose, great details, and the vibrant colors really pop against the black BG. I don't have an opinion yet on the crop, I'll be interested in hearing others thoughts.

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Thanks Mike, this image is not cropped just resized.

I pondered whether to sacrifice the antennae to get more body in the image but decided against it.

The black background was on my black Polarfleece jacket darkened with "curves" in PS.

Alfred Forns

Hi Christopher Is this is a full frame would leave as is Only wish I could see the entire leg but that might have introduced more dead space than needed Sweet capture I like it a lot !!!!

Fabs Forns

I would crop the unnecesary part on the right and go back a little bit on the green saturation. Very interesting capture!

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Thanks Fabs and Alfred,

I have adjusted the image, how does this look.

Thanks for your help again.:)

Fabs Forns

A lot better :)

Alfred Forns

I like it a lot better !!! Very high impact !!!!