Thread: B-1 Bomber

Brian Wong

Default B-1 Bomber

Attached Images Attached Images

B-1 Bomber

Practicing what I've learned from Jim Neiger's workshops.

The tail disappeared during this banked turn ... resembling the "Flying Wing" B-1 Bomber!

Thank you for your comments, they are helping me tremendously (hope this processing shows improvements Axel & Lana)

EOS 40D, 500 f/4 IS
    1/2500, f/4.5, ISO 400, handheld, manual exposure

Mike Wilson

Wonderful image! Love the tight turn and the eye contact. I might crop a bit more off the left and back off a tad on the saturation.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Brian
    Excellent processing and a fantastic bird........glad that we could help. Well done capturing this flying bullet with such a nice pose. I really like the detail....and that eye contact of him coming right at you. I agree with Mike on a little cropping and the blue saturation.

Axel Hildebrandt

Excellent details and seeing the tail would have put it over the top. I would crop a bit off the right or go for a pano crop.

Alexander Koenders

I love the position of the bird in the picture.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Lovely Brian - those feather patterns and eye contact are stunning. I think that this would make a great vertical panorama print. Slightly prominent halo along the trailing edge
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really cool. I agree with Mikes thoughts.

Robert O'Toole

Hi Brian,

How are you.

Love the image. Superb details.

I would reposition/crop to leave more detail in front of the bird, the empty space to the left doesnt help much.

Also You can tone down the halos easily with a super mild selective blur. takes 2 seconds.

Robert

Maxis Gamez

Awesome pose and colors, it sure looks like the bomber!

Jody Melanson

Awesome light and pose! Agree with Robert on the halos....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beyond amazing. Is it a Peregrine? Was it a vertical original?

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Brian Wong

Thank you everybody for such great help, tips, and encouraging support!

Hi Artie! Original was horizontal (as I was trying to follow, and pan as it flew by) ... and presented cropped to the more vertical/square presentation. I believe it might be a Peregrine-mix, but I can't tell you for sure.

Thank you all for the cropping suggestions! I had so many questions!! ... shall I leave more room on our left? (because it was turning and will be flying to our left as suggested by his head position) ... or leave more room on our right? (because it was flying to our right). I thought at least in the 1/3 would be safe. Also, I've become so sensitive to "too centered", that I did not consider that it might be something to consider in this case.

I will keep trying to work on improving my processing. I will try your mild selective blur next time Robert.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Brian, Thanks for the info. This one is so good that I think that it would look great with any crop... I sort of likei t as is even though it makes no sense according to any of the "rules."

I am looking really hard at the trailing edge and do not see any halos... I see thin buffy edges to the primaries but no halos. I rarely see the alleged halos. Can anyone help?

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Axel Hildebrandt

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post

I am looking really hard at the trailing edge and do not see any halos... I see thin buffy edges to the primaries but no halos. I rarely see the alleged halos. Can anyone help?

later and love, artie
    I don't see halos, either. At least nothing I find distracting.

Brian: To prevent even the slight appearance, you could use the magic wand tool on the sky, invert, contract by 1 or 2 pixels and then sharpen.