Thread: Lovely colors in winter

Alexander Koenders

Default Lovely colors in winter

Attached Images Attached Images

These birds onley apear in Holland during winter and in poor numbers. So when we encounter them its a feest to be able to make some pictures.

Exif: Olympus ED 300 f2.8, Zuiko 2.0 converter, F5.7, 1/80 sec, ISO 640, +1 stap,

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Lovely composition, perch, background, colours Alexander. What bird is this? It reminds me a bit of the Redpoll which was introduced to New Zealand but they never seem to develop this much colour here.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

Alexander Koenders

The name is "Mealy Redpoll" and onley the adult mails develop this bright red colors.

Mike Wilson

Very nice colors in this soft light. I think a vertical would be stronger and just a bit more sharpening too. Great image.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great setting, pose and BG. I agree that a vertical crop would work well and maybe a tad more sharpening and contrast.

Robert O'Toole

Love the colors and the perch shape!!!

This is a perfect canditate for an S curve, it would make the image pop off the screen. Also selective sharpening of the eye would enhance the image also.

Thanks for sharing,

Robert

Maxis Gamez

Lovely composition, the bird looks a little soft but that's about it for me.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Alexander, I love this picture. The softness of the tones goes well with the fragility of this small fellow. Beautiful rendering, great composition.