Thread: Canada Goose

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Canada Goose

Attached Images Attached Images

I took a series of shots of this goose getting close enough and in the process clipped the wing. I thought i will still post it here and get some feedback. I liked this one the most with the light and the details and switched to the pano crop adding some canvas in the front and back. Also, reduced background noise. Settings were -

40D, Sigma 50-500 @500mm
    1/800 sec, f/6.3, ISO 800, Exp Comp. +1/3 Ev metering mode

~ Indranil

Lance Peters

Hi - really like that soft golden light -exposure looks OK - Head angle is good and you have captured him just about before he flew past you. (Always best before they get past you) The BG compliments your bird nicely.

Unfortunately a clipped wing - feel it could also use some more space up front.
    Keep them coming :)

Gus Cobos

Wow, its a shame on the clipped wing...this would have been a sweet image. I would keep this as a record image...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

personally, i kinda like it as is. it needs a little more sharpening. nice light, good eye contact with the bird and a little different compo than normal. nice job!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Indranil, Too bad about the clipped wing, but I can see why you would still like it. You got a great pose and details and love that golden light! I think this comp would work reasonably well with a little more room up front.

Alfred Forns

Would like to see the entire wing but I'm fine with the presentation, it is cut not clipped !! Looks deliberate !!

Exposure wise you did get lots of shadow detail but there is on area on the breast that looks a little hot, I'm sure you can bring it back. Excellent image !!