Thread: Assignment - SOC

Lance Peters

Default Assignment - SOC

Attached Images Attached Images

Just back from a couple of days with the gannets, Not a lot of action - few Juvi's still present.

This is SOC - and guess it might not be everyone's cup of tea - have been experimenting (after my sunset gannet shot) with OOF foreground elements as compositional tool - this Juvi was more than happy to let me experiment.

D3
    Sigmonster @800MM
    F7.1
    1/1250th
    +1.0EV
    800 ISO
    Matrix Metering
    SB900 With Better Beamer
    Manual High speed sync flash @ full power
    Tripod

Really best viewed large the detail is great - BTW calibrated the sigmonster with the lens align and what a improvement - no sharpening or anything on this shot.

Comments welcome :)

Gus Cobos

I like it Mr. Peters...:D question...what is the oof fluffy brown layer in the foreground? Is this part of the nesting material?????:cool:

Lance Peters

HI GUs - fluffy brown area is the ground and it is covered with a nesting material and grasses. Bird was down over the side of the cliff a little.
    \Nearly the exact same spot I took the Sunset gannet shot.

Gus Cobos

Wow...very nice...it looks like he's looking down at you saying come and get me if you can...:eek::D:cool:

Lance Peters

Gus - I exploited the opportunityy to the fullest - have many many shots with all range of head angles :) :)

Alfred Forns

I couldn't tell what it was Lance !!! Really some kind of neat !!! Love the image !!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Lance, It looks like he's emerging from the nest! Very neat. I love the colors.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Peek-a-Boo!! i like that you centered the subject here. works out perfectly as the horizon lines form a valley so to speak right at the bird's neck.

Oscar Zangroniz

Great capture Lance. Love his expression of who are you???????????????