Thread: Assignment - SOC-Backlit

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Assignment - SOC-Backlit

Attached Images Attached Images

Took this several weeks ago at Anhinga. I got caught on the wrong side of this one, so decided to try my hand at a backlit bird. I liked the glow around the edges. As per the assignment, straight out of my Canon 40D. ISO 200, f/10.0, 1/160 sec, Sigma 80-400 +2X extender, 210mm (336mm w/crop factor), Evaluative Metering, Auto Exposure, Auto WB, No Flash. Comments Welcome.......

Nonda Surratt

Me likes backlit, the bill is glowing, like that. Don't see much to do here past touch ups, brighten the eye a bit and do away with the light blob right above the beak.

Nice job!

Gus Cobos

Well done Mr. Waas,
    the only thing needed are the minor tweaks in post processing...I like it...:cool:

Alfred Forns

Did well with the light Richard !!! All I could wish for is some fill flash Sure works in these situations !!!! Great going these are tough to expose !!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Richard, I love the backlit bill!! Nicely done,PP tweaks and you've got a very,very nice image!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Like the dark BG and the light bird. Esposure looks very good. Beal looks see-through. I think fill flash would have brought some life to the eye!

Lance Peters

Hi Richard - nicely done - not a lot to do in PP - Handled the backlight really well - Congrats :)

Oscar Zangroniz

Love the BL Richard. Lots of details, great BG and very well placed in the frame.