Thread: "Got You"

Gus Cobos

Default "Got You"

Attached Images Attached Images

Assignment: Out Of Camera Unprocessed - “Got You”

Note: This out of the camera, from RAW to JEPG format.

This little guy was having his early morning snack at Shark Valley in Florida’s Everglades National Park. He was painted with a Nikon D70s, using a Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4D - IF-ED , with a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.

Image solution:
    focal length @ 765mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 400 / 1/1650sec. - f/5.6 / white balance @ auto / AF - mode @ dynamic range, auto - continuous / color space @ sRGB /lighting solution - no speedlight, ambient light / exposure comp @ +0.3EV / tone comp @ +0 degree / hue adjustment @ +0 degree / saturation factor @ +0 degree / support platform - no tripod, hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Ákos Lumnitzer

Hi Gus
    I don't mind the angle, nicely captured with that worm. Why only post at 700 pixels Sir?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent sharpness and colours Gus. Thought this had been processed until I saw your specs.

Nonda Surratt

Like Jackie I also thought it was processed..Great colors and setting! The eye looks really strange, would you do anything about it in post and if so what?

Gus Cobos

Hi Nonda,
    Yes, I would tone it down a bit, I was working with very harsh light coming from the 10:00 position. The lily pads are a bit over cooked and I would need to adjust the blacks to bring out more of the details, and also adjust the mid-tone to lighten up the overall image, crop differently and run some noise reduction...:):cool:
    Last edited by Gus Cobos; 04-08-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Alfred Forns

I like how you got the bird and worm with all leaf behind !!! ... that is one sharp raw image !!!

Oscar Zangroniz

I could have sworn that this image was processed and I was going to nag you for over sharpening it . I had to go back and look at your specs and title like Jackie, and that's when I realized it was part of the assignment..

Dave Phillips

Gus, do tell how you got such strong sharpening(even some artifacts) with such a large reduction from the full size. Do you sharpen after reduction?

Gus Cobos

Hi Akos,
    I normally post at low resolution most of the time...:cool:

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice color saturation for a raw. The light was good to you...

Lance Peters

Hi Gus - one sharp image for sure - agree with your self assesment - love the action!