Thread: Junco

massimomossi

Default Junco

Attached Images Attached Images

This guy struck a pose, and I was lucky to be there. Shot another that is sharper but with a less interesting head angle.

OLympus SP-570UZ, 92mm zoom on Manfrotto tripod with pistol-grip head. ISO 64, f/4.5, 1/40sec. Overcast day, no flash. PP in PSE RAW: lightened picture, increased blacks, vibrancy, clarity. PSE7: sharpened and increased contrast on eye and beak. Significant crop--more than 50%--from full frame.

Comments as always welcome.

Thank you for looking,
    Massimo

Alfred Forns

Hi Massimo I think the slow shutter speed got you here !!! btw some flash would help with sharpness !!

I like the pose and bg HA is a little off and if you check the histogram is probably slightly under. Do like it and how its presented !!! btw I have for some time passed up anything I have to crop a lot then later there is no decision to keep !!! Everything is magnified with the crop !!

Gus Cobos

Hi Massimo,
    I like the capture and pose, but I see way too much grain in the image, the head angle and eye contact is off...:cool:

Lance Peters

Hi Massimo - agree with the others especially with the noise probably a result of the significant crop and a result of the under exposure.

The HAP have placed you under arrest for the head angle - Think we might have a motif coming up on this soon.
    Keep at it and keep them coming :)