Thread: "Sammy At Play"

Gus Cobos

Default "Sammy At Play"

Attached Images Attached Images

“Sammy At Play”

Meet my little friend Sammy. Sammy also lives in a little corner of my Pops enchanted garden. Sammy is a ladies man; always trying to romance the Lilies and the Tulips in the flower beds. This morning I found Sammy visiting Miss Pandora; so I came in closer for a peek. Sammy and Pandora were painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 macro lens with a 36mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
    focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering only / 1/60sec. - f/2.8 / exposure comp @ -1.3EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to minimum fill flash with a wide dispersal pattern with unit #1 porting a yellow gelitan filter; and unit #2 porting a green gelitan filter for a creamy candy-like hue. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Ed Vatza

Sammy better be careful lest he fall and hurt himself!

I like the composition a lot here, Gus.

The ant in this image does not look as sharp as he could be. I do like the way the edge of petal comes into focus as we move back and then goes soft once again. Maybe its my imagination but it looks like there is a tad bit of noise in the petals. As ISO 200, that should be a problem so maybe its just my eyes this morning.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Gus, The composition is terrific! See just a tad of noise-Colors and feel ,over the top!!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gus, this composition is to die for. Excellent lines leading you all over the top to bottom. And the little ant is a killer idea. Good colors and diffused light. My eye is draw to the upper rights darker spot. A minor concern. It has a "Great Wall Of China" feel to it. Well done painter of light. Young Darth! Holster that light saber.