Thread: Osprey- Stuart, FL

Shawn Marques

Default Osprey- Stuart, FL

Attached Images Attached Images

An osprey carrying in some soft bedding material- Stuart, FL

Canon 40D, 600mm f/4L IS USM + 1.4x TC
    1/2000 sec@ f/7.1, ISO 400, 840mm, mid-morning

Canvas was added to the right and bottom and the clipping wing and tail were repaired. Please let me know what you think of it. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Shawn Marques; 01-28-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Axel Hildebrandt

This is very nice, Shawn. I like the pose, BG and details. The nesting material adds to it. I might put the bird a tiny bit further to the left in the frame.
    Last edited by Axel Hildebrandt; 01-28-2008 at 11:06 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this a lot. The outstanding sharpness contrasted with the smooth blue sky is great. The wing position and purposeful head position along with the nesting material make this first rate to me.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Shawn this is a great capture with excellent timing and I love the wing postion . The nesting material is a real added bonus. Congratulations on a fine image.

Alfred Forns

I think is a great image Shawn !!!! Excellent pose and sharpness If anything I could wish for the light to be more behind you to light up both under wings Big Congrats !!!!

Shawn Marques

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    This is very nice, Shawn. I like the pose, BG and details. The nesting material adds to it. I might put the bird a tiny bit further to the left in the frame.
    Hi Axel. Wouldn't that make the bird too centered? Here, I purposely left a bit more room in the direction it was headed. Just want to make sure as I am new to this. Thanks! :)

Shawn Marques

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Lynn Malloch View Post
    Shawn this is a great capture with excellent timing and I love the wing postion . The nesting material is a real added bonus. Congratulations on a fine image.
    Thank you, Judy!

Shawn Marques

Thank you, Alfred, for your input. I am still tryiing to learn how to correctly use my Better Beamer. That should do the trick, hopefully sooner than later!

Fabs Forns

Great pose and action, but I find it very contrasty for my taste.