Thread: First Post Cerulean Warbler

Wil Hershberger

Default First Post Cerulean Warbler

Wow, I just heard of this forum through Artie's newsletter.
    Here is a Cerulean warbler that I was fortunate to photograph one foggy morning.
    I loved that he was foraging in the redbud that had just started to bloom.
    Canon 1Ds, 500mm f/4 IS, 1.4xtc, flash at -1.6 with better beamer, ISO 400, 1/200 sec at f/5.6
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Wil Hershberger; 01-01-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: adding info

Alfred Forns

Hi Will !!!!! What a treat having you here !!!!! Big Red Carpet Welcome !!!!!!!!!

So nice seeing you post in birds !!!!! Lovely specimen Great color pose and head angle Might back up a bit of the usm? The branches on bg compete with the bird I like the little flower for balance !!!!! Hoping to see many more Wil !!!!!!!!

Wil Hershberger

Thanks Al! Great to see you here too. Yes, as posted the USM is way over the top. I need to rework the jpg.
    Thanks again,

Fabs Forns

Big welcome, Will!!!

Glad you got your project finished, Julie told us about it when she was here and said it was totally AMAZING!!!!

Lovely light on the bird and agree on that background twig grrrrrrr

Love the little pink flower on the right and look forward to more of your birds :) (maybe some macro work, hint hint...:) )

Linda Robbins

Hi Will!

Lovely pose and the fill flash was just right. The little pink flower not only balances the bird, but it is cute! The large branch behind the bird is a distraction as mentioned, but that's warbler photography! I am looking forward to your future posts.