Thread: Side Light

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Side Light

Attached Images Attached Images

Trying to get something different at La Jolla is difficult here's one I came up with.

Canon 1DmkIII 500mm f4, Tripod, Manual exposure 1/2000 @ f5.6 Iso 400, Auto focus.

Arlene Spagna

Hi, it does look different...kind of funky with the pelican looking to me like he is suspended ("just hanging around.") It's positioning is good, but I'm having trouble deciding if the missing wing tips works for me. But it sure makes me look at the image and that's a good thing. The water and left bottom feathers appear dark.

Axel Hildebrandt

Pretty funny pose. :) The BG appears a bit dark. Maybe some S/H.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A bit dark background. If you take care of it its going to be a very nice image.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Different it is and I like it. I do agree the BG is dark but the cropping does not bother me at all. Really a fun image !!!

Phil Colla

I too get that same dark background with these sidelit shots in LJ. I think you've rendered it properly, it really is several stops darker than the highlights on the head. Eyes look sharp. The pelican in LJ is such a mature subject -- meaning so many "typical" images have been made of it over the years -- that we must look for atypical compositions, such as yours, now. I like it.

Fabs Forns

Hey Jimmy,

It was great meeting you and looking forward to our Jamaica Bay experience :)
    I'm all for new things and can related to that dark ocean too :)

Alfred Forns

Hi Jimmy I like the spotlight effect on the bird Symmetry works well for me and do like the pose !!!!! Love the feel !!!! It was a treat shooting with you !!!!