Thread: White Breasted Nuthatch

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White Breasted Nuthatch RE-POST

While walking today I found this great piece of bark. I brought it home and attached it to another snag that I had in my yard.
    Within 2 minutes after loading the cracks with peanuts this nuthatch landed and stayed in the same position for about 5 minutes,
    I thought this was a strange behavior until I saw a Coopers Hawk in a tree about 100 feet away.
    The nuthatch stayed frozen in place until the hawk was long gone.

Nikon D300
    Sigma 500/ F10
    1/125 SS

After monitor calibration and cropping as suggested

Last edited by Gary Dietz; 01-29-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: followed suggestions

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice bird, great perch, and sharp, but the nuthatch is so oversaturated that it looks like a Blue Jay! As presented I would crop from the right and the left for a pano look. And you need to get rid of the schmutz on the upper right part of the perch.

later and love, artie

ps: Is your monitor calibrated?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Linda Robbins

I enjoyed your interesting story. The pose and perch are nice and the image is sharp. Agree that it is very oversaturated, but that should be an easy correction.

Axel Hildebrandt

Adding to the other comments, I would try to tone down the whites. They look a bit overexposed.