Thread: Winter light rays

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Winter light rays

Taken two years ago already, this is one of my all-time favorites from my portfolio. Although I concentrate mostly on birds I never pass up any worthwhile opportunity. That morning the fog was very thick, but when the sun started to burn through it the lighting in the forest was turned magical. A few minutes after this photograph was taken the fog was completely lifted.

Canon Rebel XT + 50mm lens, 1/320, f/10, ISO400, no EC, handheld.

Guillermo Luis Cozzo

Wow....just out of words...beautiful light in the fog....Congratulations!

Robert Amoruso

A very cool image Daniel. Only thing bothering me is the diagonal branch inthe upper right corner. I would lke to see more or none of it.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow Daniel, just love that warm light filtering into this cold winter scene - It really has a great feel to it, especially the mix of cold and warm tones. I agree with Robert's suggestion about the tree trunk upper left corner as viewed on the monitor - but hey, it still has that Wow factor!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm not sure if Robert meant right corner.

The only thing I noticed that a tiny crop would fix is the upper left corner where the branch ends and light comes through in the very corner of the image. I'd get rid of it because it's distracting--tiny though it may be.

I do wish there was slightly more foreground so that the tree near the intersection of the first and second vertical "thirds" of the image had a little more snow underneath it.

Atmosphere is great and backlighting for landscapes can often be a lot of fun: this is no exception! :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh my goodness...this is great. I agree with previous posts though on the upper left trunk and the room in the foreground, but wow, what an image.

Alfred Forns

The scene was so powerful and beautiful I did not noticed the trunk on the upper right !!!! What a sweet image Incredible mood Would evict that trunk !!! Big Time Congrats !!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I can see why that is one of your favourites. Exceptional.

Travis Novitsky

Fantastic image with incredible moody light. I agree with the comments about the tree in the upper left, its just too prominent and dark, it detracts from the rest of the image. Other than that, a fine photo indeed.