Thread: Sandhill Crane Reflection

Arlene Spagna

Default Sandhill Crane Reflection

Attached Images Attached Images

This Sandhill Crane is reflected in the pond at Viera Wetlands, Fl, June, 2007. The water was like ice that day. In early morning light. I have left the natural green reflected background as is.

Nikon D200, 70-200 w/ 1.7 TC.
    ISO 200, 1/250 @ F/6.3

Rich Ikerd

Very nice wing position and reflection Arlene. The mirrored presentation makes for a nice image here (shame about the green intruding onto the crane though).

Michael Rosenbaum

Beautiful capture of the crane, Arlene. Have to agree that though the green adds more environment, it distracts from the focus on the bird and reflection (for me).

Fabs Forns

He looks like a Matador ready to strike!!!

Another vote against the green, I think it may have worked if it were to the left, just above the wings...

Linda Robbins

You certainly captured a wonderful pose and reflection. I have to agree about the green reflection detractig from the really good elements of the image.

Alfred Forns

Details and feather reproduction on that bird is excellent Killer reflection I like it a lot Another vote for evicting the reflection !!!

Arlene Spagna

OK, thank you all. Would the best method to clean the green be to use the clone tool? Or some extraction method?

Judy Lynn Malloch

Beautiful detail , lighting and reflection Arlene. It is definitely a wonderful image and I would like to see a repost without the green .