Thread: Moonlight on the Chugach

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Moonlight on the Chugach

Attached Images Attached Images

I love snowshoeing out my back door on moonlit winter nights. Here I attempted to capture the look of the moonlit Chugach range. I used our Samoyed pup Fiji to anchor the pic.
    Dry brush filter x2, darkened sky, color adjustments, and added stars with the paintbrush in CS3.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

John, It's a beautiful winter scene with just the right amount of effect applied-I really like this,the mountains in the BG ,the night sky, the dog(I have an American Eskimo) It's just great!!

PS-You are so lucky you can go snowshoeing out your backdoor at night!

Julie Kenward

I've been meaning to ask this...are you two related in any way? I know you don't live near each other by any stretch of the imagination but thought maybe distant cousins?

John, the comp on this is wonderful! I love the effect but might consider toning it down just a bit on the dog to give him a little more definition since he's the foreground element you want everyone to focus on.

Gus Cobos

Excellent use of the effect John,
    I like the post card...good show...:cool:

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Denise, thanks for your encouragement! I have a friend with two American Eskimos, and they are wonderful, fun dogs to be around. I'm sure yours makes you very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Kenward View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this...are you two related in any way? I know you don't live near each other by any stretch of the imagination but thought maybe distant cousins?

John, the comp on this is wonderful! I love the effect but might consider toning it down just a bit on the dog to give him a little more definition since he's the foreground element you want everyone to focus on.
    Jules, thanks for looking and for the critique. I will need to go back to the RAW file to give it a try. I forgot to save a straight version after the photoshop work. I do that once in a while.......well, maybe more than once in a while!

Not related to Denise that I know of, but her images and creative energy on these forums are an inspiration!

Gus thanks for your comments!
    Last edited by John Ippolito; 03-30-2009 at 02:59 AM.