Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa

Default The Egyptian vulture

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 30D
    Canon 500mm f/4L IS + 1.4 II TC
    1/500 sec
    f/6.3, ISO 400
    date: 02.05 – 9:35 h

PP: levels, clone outs, 5% contrast, 10% saturation, UM 500/2/1, NR software.

A 1024 px wide image without the clone outs is available here for comparison.
    http://www.all4mypics.com/albums/use...hoiad-6224.jpg

Axel Hildebrandt

Interesting looking bird, great light, details and BG. I would prefer to see more of the legs but that was probably not possible and might crop a bit off the top.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really vibrant colours and right position of the bird. You did a very good job withe the exposure!
    I agree with the legs but like tho look of the bird a lot!

Del Cockroft

I agree with the above posts but I do like the BG as it helps the bird stand out. Not the most handsome of creatures but I like it.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really Iike the composition,details and BG!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful image and colors. Yes, the feet would have been nice but the exposure and head angle are superb.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

David Steele

A great image and some sensible comments Nikolay. I'm hoping to photograph this species in the Middle East sometime.

Blake Shadle

Feet are a plus, but I like the low angle enough to disregard the missing feet. The cloning improved the image very much. I like the saturation of the 1024 image you provided in the link. Very nice work.

Elmar Westphal

Great job! I think the fact that the feet are invisible actually adds to the picture. It gives the bird, together with its not classically beautiful features, a look like he's the real boss around and stands much taller than everything else.

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa

nice interpretation Elmar, I like it :)