Aperture: 4.5
    Shutter: 1/800
    Exp. Comp.: 0.0

Thanks for looking.

Dave
    www.davidstimac.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome. Please let us know where you are from , where you made the image, and the situation, i.e., how in the world did you get so close to all those cannies??? Expousre is right on and the subject is way-sharp. The BKGR birds, esp. the two on the frame edges, are, of course, distracting.

later and love, artie

ps; Was the splash from another bird?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Axel Hildebrandt

Welcome, David! I like the angle, details and splash. The OOF birds are a bit distracting but I would add some space at the right since the tail is clipped. Keep them coming.

Rob Drummond

Fantastic shot David. I don't find the other birds distracting at all. They just add to the feeling of activity which is certainly conveyed by the splashing water.

cheers Rob

Linda Robbins

Good exposure and sharp detail. Excellent low angle. I have mixed feelings about the oof birds. I wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't cut off as they are... Still, I find this a unique and interesting image.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Beautiful species and I like the water action in this image. I also find the OOF birds a bit distractig but still a wonderful capture David and I like it alot.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments!
    The photo was made on the Detroit River amongst a corn feeding frenzy and yes, the splash was made from another duck's dive.

Glenn Ehmke

Fantastic moment to capture. Maybe the birds on the frame edge are a bit distracting, but the others in the BG *** to the image I think.

Great work.