Thread: Common Eider

Taylor Yeager

Default Common Eider

Was able to observe this Eider for a while yesterday. It was lots of fun.

1/1000 f5 manual handheld

Thanks for looking

~Taylor

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done. The face could use some selective sharpening. I like the green water in front of the bird, the flap, and the fact that you can see the feet. A good high-key exposure. A vertical might have been killer... This is a female Common Eider from the Atlantic population.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Alfred Forns

Very pleasing high key image The slight color in the water does it for me !!! Congrats !!!

Linda Robbins

I like high key images, and this is a very nice one! Agree with selective sharpening on the face, and also that the green water adds a lot of interest to the image. Well done.

Axel Hildebrandt

Interesting high key, the green in front of the bird adds to it. Agree on sharpening the head a bit more.

Taylor Yeager

Thanks folks. I notice myself sharpening less on my new monitor. I guess I will bump it up a notch?