Thread: Plumed Egret "Breeding"

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Default Plumed Egret "Breeding"

Image was captured on the Gippsland Lakes Eastern Victoria, Australia with the image captured on a Canon 30D with a 70-200F4L + 1.4X converter (280mm), 1/1000 sec, F/5.6, ISO200, Pattern Metering in Aperture Priority Mode.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well composed with good details.. the right bottom corner red thing is distracting.. nice eye contact.

Axel Hildebrandt

Nice exposure control and pose. I would give it a bit more room.

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Thanks folks I will recompose and try to improve.:)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Chris
    I agree with the 2 previous comments.....more room and red piece of wood. I think that you might be able to go just a little brighter with this one as well.

Christopher C.M. Cooke

The best I could do was to use another pic of the same subject facing the other way but I think it lacks the definition of the first image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Chris
    This image solves the problem of amount of room and the red block but.....as you've noticed, there is less detail. I think you have the right idea now and the next time you got out will have a little more to think about.

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Thanks Lana I am returning to the Gippsland Lakes soon and will probably meet this character again as he has been stealing my bait for some years and we are fairly good friends.

Here he is again going to join a Pied Cormorant on the bow rail of a friend's boat.

I had hoped to get some really good shots of him in flight but had not counted on the poor background.