Thread: Intense Hunter...

David Roach

Default Intense Hunter...

Attached Images Attached Images

Watching various waders on a beautiful morning at Little Estero Lagoon, suddenly I spotted this beautiful hunter working the flats at low tide. This beauty's focus was so intense as he was picking off fiddler crabs every few minutes, I got much closer than I normally could have. I got on my knees as he stood motionless ready to strike. It was a fantatsic ending to a beautiful morning on the beach and mud flats. 1dmkIIN 400DO 2xtc ISO 200 F11@1/320
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 01-27-2008 at 08:45 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice!

Axel Hildebrandt

Sounds like a great experience. Very nice portrait and details. A cleaner BG would have been ideal but there is probably not much you could have done about it.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

In addition to the above I like the compostion. Did you accidentally Quick Mask over a few of the fiddler's legs/claws or is that motion blur?

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

David Roach

Hey Artie, no, that's motion blur. He had just come up with the crab and just finished re-gripping when I snapped this one. I had the focus point right on the eye as I knew I wouldn't have much DOF this close. BTW, I don't even know what quick mask is! I only know the basics of post processing learned from your CD. I usually only do S\H, Saturation, Levels, Curves and then sharpen.

Del Cockroft

Very intense bird and I'm so glad I'm not a fiddler crab. This is a nice image and well worth your patience.