Thread: Running On Water

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Running On Water

Attached Images Attached Images

I made this Egret image a few weeks ago in the Everglades at Shark Valley. I like the way he is running on the water

1DMK2 with 300mm f4. Manual metering at ISO 320 and f4 with 1/5000. Slight crop.

All comments are most welcome.

Edit: I see that in the post the neck looks hot, but in print it is OK. JPEG compression??

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the wings up running pose. The bird's head is turned away. It looks as if the white are way beyond hot.... That should not be caused by JPEG compression as far as I understand it.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Fabs Forns

Ed, I think you may want to re-work this one, somewhere in the process of making the jpeg for posting, something happened that made the neck hot, if it's not in the print. With 5000 as a shutter speed, and ISO 320, even at f/4 I believe you didn't burn it.

Lance Peters

Hi Ed - do like the pose - white slook hot on my screen - something in PP by the sounds of it.

A better head angle would have been good.

keep them coming :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the position/moment you've captured here Ed. I agree about the whites, but a rework should help in that regard. Love those feet!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ditto the whited but i also think you can fix it. Great moment with great action. Good comp well done

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great comp. and very dynamic. If the whites can be corrected this could be killer.