Thread: Purple Gallinule

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Purple Gallinule

Captured this morning. I don't usually get these beautiful birds to come out in the open this much, so I was certainly grateful when he chose to climb up on this log and give me a few nice poses! Most of my Purple Gallinule images have them posing on their favorite swamp food, and seldom unobstructed. I was playing around with the 40D on the 600 when I captured this image.

Canon 40D, EF 600mmf/4, 1/125, f/7.1, ISO 200, Gitzo 5540 tripod with Winberley II head. Morning light, slightly diffused through the trees.

Fabs Forns

Very nice, Bob, only wish for more room in the back and bottom, if you have it.. I understand you were using a fixed focal lenght and things happen when they happen.
    Very sharp and good colors.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I never realized how difficult it is to get these beauties out in the open and with a pleasing background. This is quite beautiful. THe oof foreground is just a bit distracting.

Axel Hildebrandt

Nice find and details. I agree with the other comments and if it is not full frame, I would give it a bit more room.

Jody Melanson

Nice pose, in this environmental image. I like the look and the colours. I agree with Grace on the distracting foreground.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Beautiful lighting and detail in this image / They are gorgeous birds and you did a fine job capturing it's beauty but i agree with the previous nits mentioned. Thanks for sharing !!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the great feedback all! You, of course, affirmed what I already knew ;)

I had cropped it rather tight because of the distracting forground :( . Someday, I'll get one of these fellow just the way I want it :cool: