Thread: Eastern Bluebird

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Eastern Bluebird

Attached Images Attached Images

The Woodlands, Texas

D2X, 840MM, ISO 320, f8 @ 1/640, -0.3 EV.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Astoundingly lovely as expected. The raised far-wing is electric. The two flowers cut off in the LRC are somewhat problematic. Were the perch and the flowers natural or set up? IAC, was this near a nest or was the bird attracted to the perch?

Later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Alan this is simply superb!! Really does have that Wow factor!! A beautiful capture of a beautiful bird - can't fault.

Tom Callahan

this is stunning. It has a 3D appearance on my monitor, it must be the dof.

Alfred Forns

One stunning image Murph I'm impressed even by your high standards Besides pose color etc it does have incredible depth Agree with Artie on the little flowers on the lower left !!! Big Time Congrats !!!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

fantastic capture Alan, the raised wings represent some amazing anticipation skills.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Gorgeous image !!! Just gorgeous !!! Love it Alan.

Fabs Forns

Beautiful as always :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Astoundingly lovely as expected. The raised far-wing is electric. The two flowers cut off in the LRC are somewhat problematic. Were the perch and the flowers natural or set up? IAC, was this near a nest or was the bird attracted to the perch?

Later and love, artie

Thanks Artie. The stump was set up in a open field of wildflowers not too far from a nest.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Forns View Post
    Agree with Artie on the little flowers on the lower left
    Thanks Alfred. I think Artie was having a problem with the flowers on the lower right ;)

Axel Hildebrandt

The setup, pose and BG are great. I'm wondering about the colors, though. The chest looks rather brown on my monitor. Around here bluebirds have a rust-colored chest. I'm not sure whether it is a regional difference or a slight color cast.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That's really nice with the laser blue wing raised like that. You've certainly got perch selection down to a fine art that's for sure.

Linda Robbins

Beautiful image just bursting with color. The yellow flowers around the stump really complement the bright blue of the wings. Perfect capture as always, Alan!
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 01-27-2008 at 02:39 PM.

Del Cockroft

What a delightful little bird. Love the pose and colours and the BG is just great.

RR Donavan

Love this image Alan, great pose as well, BUT I've got 5 bluebirds that visit my mealworm feeder everyday all day and none have this saturated color. Was flash used?

Great work as always,

Roy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RR Donavan View Post
    Love this image Alan, great pose as well, BUT I've got 5 bluebirds that visit my mealworm feeder everyday all day and none have this saturated color. Was flash used?

Great work as always,

Roy
    No flash, just clear evening light.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Murphy View Post
    Thanks Alfred. I think Artie was having a problem with the flowers on the lower right ;)
    Thanks for the set-up info. Great stump! The flowers I was referring to are on our left at the bottom--the two cut by the frame edge. Later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Mike Wilson

You rock. Wish the other wing was up as high and as brightly colored but hey, you get what you get right?! SMILE.