Thread: Coopers Hawk

Art Peslak

Default Coopers Hawk

Attached Images Attached Images

Nikon D200 200-400 at 200mm, 1/200 at f/4
    This is in my backyard near my feeders. This hawk is a regular visitor.

Art Peslak
    www.natureimagesbyart.com

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Art
    You have a beautiful hawk in your back yard.....and one that can really stir up the birds. The bird looks good but the BG seems to be a little noisy. I know you have to photograph them where they are but I wish at least the bright area above the head were not there as it's distracting.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Was there a chance to move well to your right to avoid the merge of the diagonal branch and the head and the neck of the bird?

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Art Peslak

Artie,
    This shot was peeking around the corner of my house. If I moved further right, he would have flown. Sometimes you gotta take whats there.

Julie Kenward

I have the same thing going on at my house - Cooper's flying in to take advantage of the easy pickings at my feeders! You've done a nice job of capturing this magnificent bird but I personally would love to see the whites a bit more "boosted" and maybe inch the contrast just a bit.