Thread: Wet Plover

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Default Wet Plover

This Masked lapwing was captured on a Canon 30D with 300mm F4 IS + 1.4X con. at 420mm, 1/640sec, F9, ISO 200, 100% Crop

Last edited by Christopher C.M. Cooke; 01-26-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp. Lovely bird. Nice composition and good light angle. What is it??? If it had been possible to get much lower, even down on the ground, many of the distracting black thingies in the water would have been eliminated or at least their effects diminished.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Thanks Arthur, the bird is a Masked Lapwing ( aka The Spur Winged Plover).http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf...EM-6FSV2E?open

I would have loved to have taken this from a lower angle but was restricted in that choice as I had to use a viewing platform at the Edithvale Wetlands in Melbourne.

Normally they are seen on grasslands and I hope to get some interesting photos of them with their young in the coming breeding season.

Thanks again for your marvelous site and all the fantastic advice that comes from a great and VERY talented group of photographers who are prepared to help us enthusiastic albeit somewhat less than stella novices.

Linda Robbins

Lovely bird and good composition and pose. Hope you'll get opportunities for photographing them with their babies this year.....I'd love to see them!
    Very nice capture.